Originally constructed in 1968, Alvin Junior High School’s student capacity was expanded from 800 students to 1000 students. The expansion included new classrooms, a new weight room, a stage, a black box, band, choir classrooms, and new administrative offices with secure entrances. Existing courtyards were enclosed to create ﬂexible learning and classroom spaces and the library received an expansion. Existing classrooms, science labs and locker rooms received complete upgrades. All mechanical and electrical systems were replaced, and the building exterior received a new look that deﬁnes the schools’ identity for many years to come.
- Alvin Independent School District